Aidpage is a
support network.
Ask for help
Offer help
Sign up now
Talking about:
5 posts
4,114 visits

I need help

show starting post by Mrs. P
Show newest posts...
Hayden Tribe

Mrs P, there also programs offered by the federal government to help in fixing up your house if you qualify. http://www.eere.en the above link is for weatherization, windows, insulation, etc. Then this link - eap/ is a low income home energy assistance program (LIHEAP). If you apply both of these programs may be able to help you. Further I do not know if you have a mortgage on your home - but the verteran's administration may have programs able to assist you with either low interest loan (for mortgage) or programs to help fix up your house. Hope this helps :)

Talk to Hayden Tribe

Mrs. P, I have a question to ask you. You say you are a 100% disabled veteran. I know that this monthly amount is around $2600/month give or take. Are you aware that you are also entitled to social security disability? That would be another check coming in for you, if you are not already getting it. Is your husband a disabled VET? If he has some issues that originated in the military, he could go & apply for his disablity. That way he would have another check in addition to the social security & possible retirement checks he should already be receiving. I hope this helps.

Talk to Anonymous40784